Publishing policy valid from 1st January, 2023
The following terms and conditions are for author book publication through: http://bibliokidpublishing.com / “BiblioKid Publishing”
- BiblioKid Publishing is not responsible for any editing, illustration, or book design of your story unless separately authorized. And therefore shall not be held responsible for any errors in the Work submitted including, but not limited to spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- All authors retain the copyright to their story. If you’d like to register for one, here’s the link to do so — copyright.gov/registration/
- Authors who purchase the “Self-Publishing Path” are responsible to find their own print and distribution services. They are not eligible to submit print files for print or distribution through our services and therefore shall not have books listed as “published” under the BiblioKid Publishing label.
- Authors who purchase the “Hybrid-Publishing Path” are responsible to create their own print files before submitting to our print and distribution services under the BiblioKid Publishing label. No additional logos or information will be permitted. All final print files are required to be submitted as PDF files for print. Please review the instructions laid out in your course portal Phase 2 before sending them to us. All publication dates are estimates until the book has been sent to print and can be subject to change due to any delays within the publication process. This includes, but is not limited to, print and shipping delays, delays to the creative process, and author review delays.
- All payment plans must be completed in full in order to maintain full course access, access to the private Facebook community, and to have files submitted for publication with us. Failure to complete your full payment plan will result in removal from the course and Facebook community until payments resume. No files will be uploaded without payment in full. No previous payments will be refunded.
- If you’re using our print and distribution services, all print files will be sent to you for approval before being published for print. Once approved, BiblioKid Publishing will not be responsible for any errors in print. Any change requests once approved may result in an additional fee to resubmit files. BiblioKid Publishing is not responsible for any editing, illustration, or book design of your story unless separately authorized. And therefore shall not be held responsible for any errors in the Work submitted including, but not limited to spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- All hybrid published books will be created as 8×10 paperback picture books or 6×9 chapter books with digital eBook files. Any additional formats can be added for an additional cost. When submitting print files to us, you must have the authority or permission to publish the entire content of the Work, including ownership of the copyright and other rights to the underlying content, and the content must not defame or impinge on the rights of another in any way. By submitting your book for hybrid publishing services, you agree that BiblioKid Publishing shall be held harmless from any and all claims or demands arising against you or your book if you have not followed the above stipulations.
- All books printed through our distribution sources will use a Print-on-Demand service through IPG or LSI. This includes all books ordered through online and retail sources. Distribution services are exclusive to our 3rd-party distribution through IPG. No additional distribution methods can be used while we own the ISBN. If you’d like to change your distribution services, you will need to provide us with a written 30-day notice to end distribution through us. Any returns or damaged books purchased through 3rd party retailers or distribution, must be returned to the source they were purchased. We are not able to handle distribution returns.
- Our publishing services do not include website support or creation. If you need help creating a website or troubleshooting any issues with the site, you will need to reach out to receive additional marketing services for an additional cost. While we may assist with some marketing efforts for your book, marketing and selling your book is the author’s sole responsibility.
- Information for books printed through us must be provided at time of print file delivery. Once published, you can email us a bulleted change request list if you’d like to make any changes. All changes are subject to distribution for approval. If approved, you will see the change within 30-45 days.
- Books printed with us will receive a sales report each month following publication. All initial sales reporting data for books printed with us will be available on the 15th of the following month 60 days after your book has been published. Royalty reports will then be delivered and paid between the 15th-20th of the following month 90 days after your book’s publication date. To be eligible for payment, royalty earnings must exceed $50 90-days after the date of the sale. If eligible, payments will be sent through Paypal. Any royalty amounts below $50 or showing a negative balance will be rolled over to the next month until they reach the payout threshold.
- Additional sales detail requests can be pulled once every 6mths or for every 100 books sold to see the list of retailers where books were purchased. Please email to request. It will be delivered within 14 days of request. If a title doesn’t have any new sales to report for 90-days, we will discontinue reporting until sales resume. Any balances below $50 will be held for an additional 90-days in case of returns, then will be made eligible for payout. Any negative balances will be absorbed by the company.
- All titles that use our print and distribution sources are automatically made eligible for discounts and returns with retailers. All sales will be reported as net receipts on your royalty statements and sales reports. Any titles that have been published for at least a year and have experienced low sales, may come eligible for overstock. In this case, the book may be deep-discounted by distribution for resale in an effort to help reduce stale quantities in stock. Any titles that have been published for at least two years and have experienced low sales, may become eligible for pulp, which means the cost to store them has exceeded the book sales expectation. At this time, the author is eligible to purchase these books at cost or have them destroyed from distribution sources. Any issues with your distribution listing or stock levels should be reported to us directly. We will reach out to distribution to repair any issues and notify the author when the issue has been corrected.
- BiblioKid Publishing manages its own social media accounts and does not coordinate them with our authors. However, we may tag authors from time to time in posts that pertain to their titles.
- Authors using our print and distribution services may place orders for additional copies to have on-hand for resale and author giveaways. All books can be purchased at wholesale cost, which differs depending on the quantity requested. Most reorders will ship between 4-8wks. Please email us for a quote on cost and turnaround. Any sales, tax, or shipping cost earned or expensed by an author through the sale of their own copies are the author’s responsibility. For help troubleshooting your website or setting up for purchases, you can commission us or hire an outside source. Be sure to consult with your accountant before selling books.
- All website discounts, sales, and stock quantities on the BiblioKid Publishing or another 3rd party website are company specific and not set by the author. However, you will see all sales reporting information on your royalty statements.
- BiblioKid Publishing is an equal-opportunity hybrid publishing company and self-publishing service that works for the benefit of our authors in getting their books produced and published. While we’re not a PR or marketing firm, we want to see all our authors be successful and want to work together to make the publication process easy and obtainable for everyone. Please be sure to reach out to us with any questions or concerns throughout the process.